Sunday, May 22, 2011

BRISBANE PHOTOGRAPHY | NIKON F3HP MY JOURNEY

My journey into what I have love and grown with passion in the fine art of wedding and portrait photography started very early in my life. My parents are creative people, my mum's loved of being around kids as a group leader in the child care industry, was always involved with painting, drawing, story telling and mostly having fun. On the other hand my dad was an aerial photographer, navigator and a pilot. So when my dad went on a field work he would be loading large film canister and I would be watching him do this every time. You see this was when we lived on a tropical island of Papua New Guinea (PNG) for short. I grew up in Port Moresby with my two other sibling brothers, went to school, played tennis and had the best time growing up before we all decided to immigrate to Brisbane, Australia where I now call it home.

And so that is were it all started. And my very first film camera to start my journey was and still the only best camera equipment from Nikon was the Nikon F3 I on the other hand I have the Nikon F3 HP which is a manual camera. it is coupled with the MD-4 motor drive and it is cased with the Semi Soft Leather Case CF-22D it is build like a tank once you connect the MD-4 and the Flash Unit which is the SB-27. I also have the original Camera Case CF-23D. Throughout this journey my camera has seen far and wide fromthe most romantic City of Light, Paris on the Eiffel Tower overlooking the Seine River. The Clock Tower, commonly know as Big Ben the gothic castle of Praha in Czech or Pargue where the movie Van Helsing was filmed.

You ask why? well my camera and I have lived in the United Kingdom, old London Town for 4 years and I could list the cities and places I have seen in Europe, North Africa, and USA. But that is another story and images to show. Before digital came along in my journey I love to shoot with film and I still do because you can never forget your first love. The first love of film is something special because it had that look and feel, the character of these little image on a strip of negative as you hold it against the light or looking through a loupe. As i had shot places around the world and not knowing what the final photograph was going to turn out I was like a kid in a candy store waiting with anticipation from your local lab and just like opening a present at christmas time or even birthday that the image from a film as still very special.

I still continued to shoot with film with passion and I hope you come along for the ride and here is my companion from the beginning of my journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment