Thursday, December 30, 2010

BRONZE AWARD | WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY

On Monday 20th December 2010, 5 days before christmas, I received an emailed informing that one of my wedding photography that I had submitted under the Wedding Categories: Bride and Groom Together at the Creative Asia 2011: Asia's World Class Photography Conference being held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia was awarded a Bronze Award!!

This award was part of the Canon Creative Asia Photography Competition.

When I read my email I was so very proud of my achievement and I quickly shared this news to my family and friends.
I am over the moon with joy.

With such an award this is why I love what I do as a photographer and to be recognised for the work that I have accomplished.
I will post the winning photography soon. I hope to continue and excel beyond expectation and deliver with professional passion
and enthusiasm to the people I met in my journey and I hope to share these experiences with expectant brides and grooms.

I am looking forward to a successful and prosperous start to the New Year 2011 and I hope you can be part of this journey.
Here is the award winning photography at the top of course surrounded with a larger print on the right which measures
1800mm x 580mm in my small Wicked Idea Studio/Office which is where all my Wicked Idea come to life. :)

The Story Behind the Shot

After the ceremony which was held at Saint Andrew Uniting Church, I had ask the couple Jane and Rouzbeh that it was going to be a long and exciting day and it was fiiled with joy, tears and laughter. With that in mind they wanted to take a short breaking from all the excitement and so I asked them to take a seat at the bus stop. There they had a quiet moment together to reflect and also to steal a kiss together. As they where kissing I took the shot, with the perfect background reactions from the girl in the poster who was also thrilled about the news at hand that I ended with very cool shot. You can also be able to read the headline on the advertisement.
I shot the image with my Nikon D2XS, which is my primary camera, and my AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED. Using the Av mode, I know that my camera can select the perfect shutter speed for the the correct exposure. Also, I know that the camera and the lens were having a conversion together and therefore the focus will be precisely clear as mud. With 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor I was confident enough in capturing all the details within the scene.

The image was enhance in the digital darkroom to give a more artistic look and feel. With all my photographs I always start with straight image from there i can make all the adjustments that is required to look the best. You see I make pictures, and this is why there is so much more different from simply taking pictures that is why I love what I do as a Photographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment